Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a Flex project for Android devices, part of Flash Builder 4.5 and Flex 4.5 New Features.
- View Offline
Flash Builder 4.5 includes support for building applications for mobile devices.…You can create two kinds of mobile projects.…When you create your project you'll need to choose which kind of mobile project it is.…From the menu try selecting File > New and you'll see two kinds of…mobile projects available.…Flex Mobile Projects and ActionScript Mobile Projects.…I'm not going to create an ActionScript Mobile Project now, but I do want to…show you some of its options.…When you choose an ActionScript Mobile Air Project,…you'll give it a project name as normal.…
I'll call it MyMobileASProject and then I'll click Next.…With ActionScript only projects,…that is, projects that don't use the Flex framework, you can target the Apple…iOS and Google Android.…You can create a single project that targets both platforms and you can set your…platform settings one platform at a time.…So for example, I can go to Platform Settings here, choose the Apple iOS…Platform, and I can see that I can target iPhones, iPod touches, and iPads.…
Recommended prerequisite: Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 Essential Training.
- Coding with Quick Assist
- Using code completion on metadata tags and states
- Using new Design mode configuration and view capabilities
- Using the Spark versions of the DataGrid, Form, and Image components
- Creating a Flex project for Android applications
- Handling navigation in a view-based mobile application
- Using the Flash Catalyst CS5.5/Flash Builder 4.5 workflow