Join Drew Falkman for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring Zend for Flex , part of Flex 4.5 and PHP: Creating Data-Driven Applications.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
When you are working with Zend AMF it's a good idea to understand how it's…configured and how you can change the configurations.…Additionally, the gateway itself is something you could program, and when you…program you are allowed to do a lot more customization.…We are not going to get into all the details of creating your own Zend AMF…Server, but suffice to say, there is information out there.…I do want you to understand at least how it works.…If you go into our PHP project we created in the earlier movie, Explore…California PHP, this is pointing to the root directory of the server that we're…using for our Explore California.…
The gateway.php file is the file that's used to actually do all of the translation.…There are some important things to look at here.…One is, you can see it has a configuration for where the services are and where…the library directory is.…Another is this amf_config.ini, which we will look at in a second.…The third is this webroot./ZendFramework/library.…It's a good idea that you might want to actually move your Zend Framework away…
- Understanding session management
- Accessing RESTful services
- Customizing service calls by passing parameters
- Handling raw XML and JSON data
- Exposing a PHP class as a Flex service
- Generating PHP services with Flash Builder
- Debugging in Flash Builder and Zend Studio
- Exchanging data from PHP to Flex and back
- Building a Master-Detail page
- Implementing pagination
- Creating a synchronized database in AIR
- Using server-side session data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Flex Data Services and PHP
Why Flex and PHP?2m 44s
2. Installation and Setup
3. Flex Service Basics and HTTPService
4. Using AMF for Remote Service Calls
5. Introduction to Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP
6. Using Flash Builder for PHP Tools
7. Advanced Topics: AIR, Channels, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.