Join Drew Falkman for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing servers at run-time, part of Flex 4.5 and PHP: Creating Data-Driven Applications.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
So far, every time we have accessed our PHP service we have set the destination…endpoint directly in the service class instance.…In fact, we haven't even looked at what it is.…We've allowed it to be generated from the wizards.…However, once you start getting into desktop mobile applications, the way that…you access your servers might change, and in fact you might not even know which…, server to access until runtime. Or you may want to change it at runtime because…the server is down or something else going on.…In this movie, we are going to look at how we can change our server endpoints in ActionScript.…
So I've opened my AIR project that we created in the last unit, and I am going to…go into the TourView.mxml, and what I am going to do is instead of calling the…service directly in the creationComplete I am going to copy that item--actually…going to cut it--and then I am going to create an EventHandler.…Now in that EventHandler, I am going to paste in the item that I just copied and…I am going to also going to copy this getTours_PagedResult as well.…
- Understanding session management
- Accessing RESTful services
- Customizing service calls by passing parameters
- Handling raw XML and JSON data
- Exposing a PHP class as a Flex service
- Generating PHP services with Flash Builder
- Debugging in Flash Builder and Zend Studio
- Exchanging data from PHP to Flex and back
- Building a Master-Detail page
- Implementing pagination
- Creating a synchronized database in AIR
- Using server-side session data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Flex Data Services and PHP
Why Flex and PHP?2m 44s
2. Installation and Setup
3. Flex Service Basics and HTTPService
4. Using AMF for Remote Service Calls
5. Introduction to Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP
6. Using Flash Builder for PHP Tools
7. Advanced Topics: AIR, Channels, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.