Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Building custom renderers for Spark DataGrid cells, part of Flash Builder 4.5 and Flex 4.5 New Features.
The new Spark version of the DataGrid control supports all of this Spark…architecture including dynamic rendering and the ability to use MXML graphics as part of skins.…I am going to demonstrate this using an existing project that's part of…the Exercise Files.…If you have access to the Exercise Files, import the project Renderers.fxp from…the 03_Spark folder.…Open the Main application file and then once its open switch to Design mode.…
I'll show you how to create a custom item renderer for one of the columns of DataGrid.…I'll select the DataGrid that's already a part of the application, then go to…the Properties view on the lower- right and click Configure Columns.…I'll click on the Price column in the list and then over on the right under Data…binding where you have a label of Item renderer, I'll click this menu and choose…Create Item Renderer.…That takes me to a dialog box that allows me to create a custom item renderer…that controls the display of my data.…
I'll set the name of my item renderer to PriceRenderer and I'll set the package…
Recommended prerequisite: Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 Essential Training.
- Coding with Quick Assist
- Using code completion on metadata tags and states
- Using new Design mode configuration and view capabilities
- Using the Spark versions of the DataGrid, Form, and Image components
- Creating a Flex project for Android applications
- Handling navigation in a view-based mobile application
- Using the Flash Catalyst CS5.5/Flash Builder 4.5 workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
ActionScript 3.0 in Flex Builder 2.0 Essential Trainingwith Joey Lott12h 46m Intermediate
Flex 4.5 and PHP: Creating Data-Driven Applicationswith Drew Falkman3h 36m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Flash Builder 4.5
2. Using New Flash Builder Features
3. Using New Spark Components
4. Creating Mobile Flex Applications
Using the ActionBar3m 33s
5. Integrating with Flash Catalyst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.