Join Drew Falkman for an in-depth discussion in this video Building a Master-Detail page, part of Creating Data-Driven Applications with Flex 4.5 and PHP.
The data wizards in Flash Builder come in most handy when building drilldown…interfaces and interfaces to perform add, modify, and delete functionality.…In this movie we are going to look at how we can use these tools to build master…and detail pages quickly and easily.…The first thing we are going to do is we are going to go into our Explore…California Admin 06-01 and in the views package, we're going to create a new MXML component.…We are going to call this TourView.…We are going to keep it to a group, but we are going to erase the sizing.…
The next thing we are going to do is go into Design mode and we're going to drag…the dropdown list directly onto the stage.…While it's selected, go ahead and open this TourService package.…This is our service. Grab getAllTours and drop it on top of the dropdown list.…This will create a binding.…We're going to want to change the label field to name and click OK.…Now when it loads up it's going to load the data from the getAllTours and…populate the dropdown list with them.…
- Understanding session management
- Accessing RESTful services
- Customizing service calls by passing parameters
- Handling raw XML and JSON data
- Exposing a PHP class as a Flex service
- Generating PHP services with Flash Builder
- Debugging in Flash Builder and Zend Studio
- Exchanging data from PHP to Flex and back
- Building a Master-Detail page
- Implementing pagination
- Creating a synchronized database in AIR
- Using server-side session data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Flex Data Services and PHP
Why Flex and PHP?2m 44s
2. Installation and Setup
3. Flex Service Basics and HTTPService
4. Using AMF for Remote Service Calls
5. Introduction to Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP
6. Using Flash Builder for PHP Tools
7. Advanced Topics: AIR, Channels, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.