Join Drew Falkman for an in-depth discussion in this video Building a CRUD interface dynamically, part of Creating Data-Driven Applications with Flex 4.5 and PHP.
The data wizards in Flash Builder come in most handy when building drilldown…interfaces and interfaces to create records, update, and delete, otherwise known…as CRUD interfaces.…In this movie we're going to look at how to transform a Master-Detail page into…a fully working database application.…We are going to start with the Master-Detail page we created in the "Building a…Master-Detail page" movie.…Let's go ahead and run our application and see what it looks like.…If you go to the Tours tab, you can see we have a form with a dropdown list.…
If you select an item from the dropdown list, you'll then get all the data…populating the form.…We have a submit button, but currently it's not activated.…So let's go ahead and go into the TourView.mxml file.…Now there is a few things we need to do.…First, we need to add all these buttons to dy.…We need to add three basic buttons, or at least have three buttons for functionality.…One button we are going to add after the Submit button.…We're going to call it Delete button, and this is going to be what the user can…
- Understanding session management
- Accessing RESTful services
- Customizing service calls by passing parameters
- Handling raw XML and JSON data
- Exposing a PHP class as a Flex service
- Generating PHP services with Flash Builder
- Debugging in Flash Builder and Zend Studio
- Exchanging data from PHP to Flex and back
- Building a Master-Detail page
- Implementing pagination
- Creating a synchronized database in AIR
- Using server-side session data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Flex Data Services and PHP
Why Flex and PHP?2m 44s
2. Installation and Setup
3. Flex Service Basics and HTTPService
4. Using AMF for Remote Service Calls
5. Introduction to Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP
6. Using Flash Builder for PHP Tools
7. Advanced Topics: AIR, Channels, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.