Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Binding service calls to visual components, part of Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 New Features.
Once you've defined a data connection in Flash Builder, you can use the…functions that are provided by the remote service and bind data to visual…controls by simply dragging and dropping or using various menu choices.…I'll demonstrate this using the application DataConnection.mxml.…As you can see, this is a very simple application.…It has a custom skin, which I'll show in Design mode, but other than that, it…doesn't have any visual objects.…I'll go back to the code, and I'll add a DataGrid component.…
I'll place the cursor after the application tag and type in a DataGrid.…Notice, by the way, that we still use the older MX version of the DataGrid…component because there is no Spark version of this component in Flex 4.…To bind data to DataGrid at run time, I'll take a look at the application in Design mode.…I'll click and select the DataGrid.…From there, I can make a call to the function on the server by either dragging…the function in from the Data/ Services view and dropping it on the visual…
- Understanding MXML namespaces
- Moving classes and components between packages
- Managing templates for new MXML and ActionScript files
- Exploring MXML language changes
- Working with the Spark component framework
- Adding visual controls with CSS, MXML graphics, and custom Spark skins
- Displaying images and dynamic data
Skill Level Beginner
Flex 4.5 and PHP: Creating Data-Driven Applicationswith Drew Falkman3h 36m Intermediate
ActionScript 3.0 in Flex Builder 2.0 Essential Trainingwith Joey Lott12h 46m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using the New Flash Builder Features
3. Using the New MXML Language Features
4. Using Spark Components
5. Managing View States and Navigation
6. Controlling Visual Presentation
7. Working with Dynamic Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.