Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Assigning skins with the skinClass style, part of Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 New Features.
You apply a skin using the style skinClass, and you can set the style in the…same way as you do any other style - by setting it at run time using the…setStyle method or declaring it within an embedded or external style sheet.…I will demonstrate this in the application UseRuntimeSkin.mxml.…I have a skin that I've already prepared called CustomAppSkin2.mxml.…It changes background colors and adds a graphical logo and incorporates a simple style.…
In the application, in its current state, there is a controlBarContent area that…contains a single button with a label of Use Custom Skin, and a Label with a…text value of Welcome to our store.…When I run the application in its initial state, you will see that it has a very…simple, plain appearance.…I will go back to the code, and I will place the cursor inside the button tag.…I will type the word 'click' and press Ctrl+Space and choose the click…EventHandler from the code assist list.…I will then press Enter, or Return, to generate a ClickHandler function for the button.…
- Understanding MXML namespaces
- Moving classes and components between packages
- Managing templates for new MXML and ActionScript files
- Exploring MXML language changes
- Working with the Spark component framework
- Adding visual controls with CSS, MXML graphics, and custom Spark skins
- Displaying images and dynamic data
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Using the New Flash Builder Features
3. Using the New MXML Language Features
4. Using Spark Components
5. Managing View States and Navigation
6. Controlling Visual Presentation
7. Working with Dynamic Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.