Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding scroll bars to Spark containers, part of Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 New Features.
In Flex 3, containers automatically generated scrollbars whenever their…contents exceeded their boundaries, but this created a performance issue in some applications.…Scrollbars are relatively heavy- duty visual components and in Flex 3…containers, even if you didn't need them, they would still take up memory and…slow down performance.…So, in Flex 4, containers, such as the Group container and its related containers,…don't automatically generate scrollbars.…If you want them, you'll have to add them explicitly.…
I'll demonstrate a couple of ways of doing this in this application, ScrollBars.mxml.…I'll run the application and show that it's displaying dynamic data using a new…container called the DataGroup.…The DataGroup uses a Dynamic itemRenderer that gets instantiated once for each…object in a dataset.…Notice that the DataGroup is flowing off the screen and that neither the…application, nor the Group itself, is implementing scrollbars.…So, here are a couple of ways of implementing scrollbars.…
- Understanding MXML namespaces
- Moving classes and components between packages
- Managing templates for new MXML and ActionScript files
- Exploring MXML language changes
- Working with the Spark component framework
- Adding visual controls with CSS, MXML graphics, and custom Spark skins
- Displaying images and dynamic data
Skill Level Beginner
Flex 4.5 and PHP: Creating Data-Driven Applicationswith Drew Falkman3h 36m Intermediate
ActionScript 3.0 in Flex Builder 2.0 Essential Trainingwith Joey Lott12h 46m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using the New Flash Builder Features
3. Using the New MXML Language Features
4. Using Spark Components
5. Managing View States and Navigation
6. Controlling Visual Presentation
7. Working with Dynamic Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.