Join Drew Falkman for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding relational data, part of Flex 4.5 and PHP: Creating Data-Driven Applications.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Just about every database you are going to use has relationships, which is to…say that data in one tables relates to the data in another.…In a typical e-commerce database you probably have products that relate to a…category through a category ID.…In our database we have tours that relate the packages using the packageId.…We are going to look at how we handle that in Flex and also on the…server-side in PHP.…If you look at our phpMyAdmin, you can see that in the Tour table every tour has a packageId.…
This is the foreign key that relates to the primary key of packageId in the package table.…This allows every tour to have one single package related to it, and every…package can have zero or many related to it, which means it's a one-to-many…relationship, and the way we can handle that in our Flex application is first…let's take a look at our PHP service.…In our PHP service we have a couple different methods for getting packages back.…The first method is called getPackageByIdLazy.…
This will get everything from the package table and then it will go into the…
- Understanding session management
- Accessing RESTful services
- Customizing service calls by passing parameters
- Handling raw XML and JSON data
- Exposing a PHP class as a Flex service
- Generating PHP services with Flash Builder
- Debugging in Flash Builder and Zend Studio
- Exchanging data from PHP to Flex and back
- Building a Master-Detail page
- Implementing pagination
- Creating a synchronized database in AIR
- Using server-side session data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Flex Data Services and PHP
Why Flex and PHP?2m 44s
2. Installation and Setup
3. Flex Service Basics and HTTPService
4. Using AMF for Remote Service Calls
5. Introduction to Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP
6. Using Flash Builder for PHP Tools
7. Advanced Topics: AIR, Channels, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.