Join Drew Falkman for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding lookup data, part of Flex 4.5 and PHP: Creating Data-Driven Applications.
One of the key issues when we work with these add, modify, delete interfaces is…how to handle lookup data,…things like categories or states where you're just referencing an ID but…there's a number of different options.…In this movie we are going to look at how we can add these to forms generated…from the data and service tools.…We've already created our form that saves and deletes.…What we want to do now is notice how we have this package ID.…Well, entering a number isn't necessarily intuitive because we don't remember…what all the different package IDs are.…
So we'd like to do is have a dropdown list of all the potential packages and…then select the appropriate one.…So let's go ahead and go back into our application, and the first thing we need…to do is we need to add the package services to the data and services view.…So we're going to go into TourView, because this is the document we're working on,…and we are going to go ahead and add a new service down here.…There's a little button you can click to add a new service.…
- Understanding session management
- Accessing RESTful services
- Customizing service calls by passing parameters
- Handling raw XML and JSON data
- Exposing a PHP class as a Flex service
- Generating PHP services with Flash Builder
- Debugging in Flash Builder and Zend Studio
- Exchanging data from PHP to Flex and back
- Building a Master-Detail page
- Implementing pagination
- Creating a synchronized database in AIR
- Using server-side session data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Flex Data Services and PHP
Why Flex and PHP?2m 44s
2. Installation and Setup
3. Flex Service Basics and HTTPService
4. Using AMF for Remote Service Calls
5. Introduction to Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP
6. Using Flash Builder for PHP Tools
7. Advanced Topics: AIR, Channels, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.