Join Drew Falkman for an in-depth discussion in this video Adapter intro: WebORB , part of Flex 4.5 and PHP: Creating Data-Driven Applications.
Another way to connect to PHP classes using AMF is by using the WebORB adapter.…This adapter, in addition to providing access, also provides some handy tools to…generate some of your PHP and ActionScript classes dynamically.…So let's dive in and see what we can do.…You can find WebORB for PHP at themidnightcoders.com web site.…The WebORB version for .NET is a very popular software and the PHP was created to…emulate some of its functionality.…The last update was in 2009.…We're expecting a new update to come fairly soon.…
So feel free to look around in the web site and read some information about it.…They have a lot of documentation.…When you're ready, go ahead and go to the Downloads link and download the zip file.…Once you've downloaded the zip file, you can extract the contents.…The next thing you're going to need to do is put this in the web root of…your development server.…I am using the MAMP server.…You might be using WAMP or even a local different dev server that has PHP installed.…In MAMP, htdocs is the root of our web server.…
- Understanding session management
- Accessing RESTful services
- Customizing service calls by passing parameters
- Handling raw XML and JSON data
- Exposing a PHP class as a Flex service
- Generating PHP services with Flash Builder
- Debugging in Flash Builder and Zend Studio
- Exchanging data from PHP to Flex and back
- Building a Master-Detail page
- Implementing pagination
- Creating a synchronized database in AIR
- Using server-side session data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Flex Data Services and PHP
Why Flex and PHP?2m 44s
2. Installation and Setup
3. Flex Service Basics and HTTPService
4. Using AMF for Remote Service Calls
5. Introduction to Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP
6. Using Flash Builder for PHP Tools
7. Advanced Topics: AIR, Channels, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.