Join Drew Falkman for an in-depth discussion in this video Adapter intro: AMFPHP, part of Creating Data-Driven Applications with Flex 4.5 and PHP.
One of the adapters that can provide remote access to PHP services is AMFPHP.…AMFPHP is probably the most pared down of the adapters reviewed here.…With this library you really only need to install it on your server, place your…services in the right place, and you're ready to access it.…This is the AMFPHP web site, which will tell you a little bit about…what's included, how to download it, and anything else you need to know…about the community.…We're going to use Version 1.9.…They currently have a release candidate of 2, but the latest stable release is 1.9.…
What you'll download is a zip file.…Once you've downloaded the zip file, what you'll need to do is extract the…contents and copy it to your webroot.…In this case I'm using MAMP, so I'm going to go into my Applications directory…and I'm going to go into the htdocs of MAMP.…I've already placed some services in there, so I'm actually going to copy just…all of the core data.…So I've extracted all of my course files into this explorecalifornia folder,…
- Understanding session management
- Accessing RESTful services
- Customizing service calls by passing parameters
- Handling raw XML and JSON data
- Exposing a PHP class as a Flex service
- Generating PHP services with Flash Builder
- Debugging in Flash Builder and Zend Studio
- Exchanging data from PHP to Flex and back
- Building a Master-Detail page
- Implementing pagination
- Creating a synchronized database in AIR
- Using server-side session data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Flex Data Services and PHP
Why Flex and PHP?2m 44s
2. Installation and Setup
3. Flex Service Basics and HTTPService
4. Using AMF for Remote Service Calls
5. Introduction to Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP
6. Using Flash Builder for PHP Tools
7. Advanced Topics: AIR, Channels, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.