Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video About the exercise files, part of Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 New Features.
Just a quick word about the Exercise Files I'll be using.…If you are a premium member of the lynda.com Online Training Library, you have…access to the Exercise Files used throughout this title.…In the Exercise Files folder, I've collected some assets for you to use during…our tour of the new features in Flash Builder 4 and the Flex 4 SDK.…They include starting and solution Flex projects, an SQL script to create a…sample of MySQL database and other useful assets.…I've copied the folder to my desktop, but you can put it wherever you want.…
You can use the starter files for that chapter.…The starter files are provided in a format known as FXP.…This is a new Flex Project Archive format.…It's really a zip file with the .FXP extension, and I'll walk you through how to…import it into Flash Builder.…For each chapter, make sure you follow the instructions for importing the…project from the Exercise Files folder, and from that point, you should be able…to jump around within the chapter to the subjects you're interested in.…
- Understanding MXML namespaces
- Moving classes and components between packages
- Managing templates for new MXML and ActionScript files
- Exploring MXML language changes
- Working with the Spark component framework
- Adding visual controls with CSS, MXML graphics, and custom Spark skins
- Displaying images and dynamic data
Skill Level Beginner
ActionScript 3.0 in Flex Builder 2.0 Essential Trainingwith Joey Lott12h 46m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using the New Flash Builder Features
3. Using the New MXML Language Features
4. Using Spark Components
5. Managing View States and Navigation
6. Controlling Visual Presentation
7. Working with Dynamic Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.