- View Offline
Recommended prerequisite: Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 Essential Training.
- Coding with Quick Assist
- Using code completion on metadata tags and states
- Using new Design mode configuration and view capabilities
- Using the Spark versions of the DataGrid, Form, and Image components
- Creating a Flex project for Android applications
- Handling navigation in a view-based mobile application
- Using the Flash Catalyst CS5.5/Flash Builder 4.5 workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, my name is David Gassner, and I'd like to welcome you to Flash Builder 4.5 and Flex 4.5 New Features. This new release of the Flash Builder development environment, adds new capabilities that will help you speed up your development work. There are new tools for code completion of metadata tags. The new quick assist feature, that launches code wizards just as you need them. And many other great tools. The Flex SDK, now can be used to create Adobe AIR applications for Android phones and tablets. I'll show you how to build a basic mobile application, including how to implement view-based navigation.
And how to simulate Android devices for testing within Flash Builder. Flash Builder also has new tools. That let you work closely with designers, who are prototyping their applications with Flash Catalyst CS5.5. I'll give you some recommendations about the work flow between these two products and show you a bit of what the designer sees. This new release opens up many new possibilities for experienced Flex developers. You can build applications for more platforms than ever before, and can get the work done, far more quickly.