Join Ray Villalobos for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring new file names for Fireworks docs, part of Fireworks CS6 New Features.
In the old version of Fireworks, your documents were saved with the .png file extension by default. That could create some problems if you were also exporting PNGs, because the name of your original file could be the same as your exported document. So now when you go to the File menu and select Save As in the new Fireworks, it automatically appends the .fw to the .png file extension. This way you will be able to tell them apart from exported PNGs. This also makes your original document easier to find. You can turn off this option by clicking on this checkbox to Append .fw.png to file names.
I'm glad they've added this option to saving files. I was already renaming my original PNGs with a -fw. So this is a shortcut for me but hopefully something that everyone can use.
- Exploring overall user interface improvements
- Understanding the style workflow enhancements
- Working with the new document titles
- Working with CSS gradients
- Exporting sprite graphics
- Skinning with jQuery Mobile
- Modifying a jQuery Mobile template