Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video The rise of smartphones, part of Maximizing Your Web Video and Podcast Audience with Hypersyndication.
One of the areas of technology that's booming is that of smartphones.…People are really interested in targeting these portable devices.…Now you might be wondering why smartphone growth is booming so quickly?…Well, it has a lot to do with money.…As technology matures, cell phone companies want people to increase their plans,…instead of just simple 20 bucks a month plan for phone calls, people are signing…up for hundreds of dollars a month for data and text and video and chat, and all…sorts of features that you could never live without.…
Now whether or not you like these features, they are reality and most people are…choosing to add them to their life.…Over the last couple of years, we have seen smartphone ownership just spike, and…this rate of growth is truly impressive, it outpaces most other consumer…electronic devices from history.…Similarly, if we look at specific age groups, you'll see that smartphone…ownership is very, very high with young professionals.…Truly impressive is how people would choose to give up their television…
- Reaching new audiences
- Understanding how online behavior is changing
- Syndicating an RSS feed with Twitterfeed and HootSuite
- Targeting computer using video sharing sites
- Targeting media players
- Creating a podcast
- Streaming podcasts for mobile devices
- Using Vimeo to host content
- Creating a consistent look from site to media player
- Incorporating a call to action
- Choosing a color palette for your brand
- Discovering more tools
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. What is Hypersyndication?
2. Using RSS Feeds
3. Targeting Computers
4. Targeting Portable Media Players
5. Targeting Television Sets
6. Targeting Mobile Phones
The rise of smartphones2m 29s
7. The Importance of Branding
8. Essential Tools to Keep It All Running
Final thoughts1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.