Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Why visual branding matters, part of Maximizing Your Web Video and Podcast Audience with Hypersyndication.
Throughout this course we've been talking about the importance to go where…people are, that met hyper syndication.…Putting your videos in social media content where people are already…congregating, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo, well, that's great!…Except all of those websites have their own branding and by default, they're…going to try to pull people back to their website.…What you need to think about is Visual Branding, and this is…pretty straightforward.…Chances are you have a logo, maybe a color palette that you use for your…organization or product.…
Using that consistently throughout all that you do, your webpage, your video,…your social media favicons, all of those things are going to make sure that…people can find you.…Now it may seem redundant to always be so rigid and think about branding, but…the truth of the matter is it really does matter.…With branding you want a consistent message;…you want people whether they've watched your video one time or a hundred times…to know where to go next.…
- Reaching new audiences
- Understanding how online behavior is changing
- Syndicating an RSS feed with Twitterfeed and HootSuite
- Targeting computer using video sharing sites
- Targeting media players
- Creating a podcast
- Streaming podcasts for mobile devices
- Using Vimeo to host content
- Creating a consistent look from site to media player
- Incorporating a call to action
- Choosing a color palette for your brand
- Discovering more tools
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. What is Hypersyndication?
2. Using RSS Feeds
3. Targeting Computers
4. Targeting Portable Media Players
5. Targeting Television Sets
6. Targeting Mobile Phones
The rise of smartphones2m 29s
7. The Importance of Branding
8. Essential Tools to Keep It All Running
Final thoughts1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.