Explores the world of hypersyndication—showing how to distribute content across all media platforms quickly and more efficiently.
- Hi, my name is Rich Harrington, and welcome to this course on hyper syndication. We're going to explore techniques that are useful for those of you who are creating blogs, social media posts, or web video content. When it comes to hyper syndication, the whole idea is to work less. To take your content that you create once, and distribute it to many. This is a very straightforward concept, but it involves using several different technologies. Throughout the lessons, we're going to explore readily available, often free tools.
You're going to piece these tools together, in order to get results. Now, the results I'm sharing with you today, are based upon my own personal experience. I run a visual communications company called Red Pixel in the Washington D.C. area, and for many clients in the corporate, non-profit, and government space, we've helped them extend their reach out to broader audiences. We find that using these free tools is a great way to significantly extend a project's reach. By putting a little bit of effort into building a network, you can leverage that network for tremendous results.
Now, the truth of it is, is it does take a little bit of work, but the payoff is huge. As economies get tighter, and budgets shrink, it becomes important to do more with less. Using technology like hyper syndication, you can eliminate things, like replication or printing costs, shipping and mailing. And instead, leverage the power of the internet to reach a much, much broader audience. My name is Rich Harrington. We're going to jump into a whole bunch of techniques today.
I encourage you to watch the training in order, but we've sliced it up into small segments, so you can jump just to the parts that are relevant to you as well. Thanks for joining me.
- Reaching new audiences
- Understanding how online behavior is changing
- Syndicating an RSS feed with Twitterfeed and HootSuite
- Targeting computer using video sharing sites
- Targeting media players
- Creating a podcast
- Streaming podcasts for mobile devices
- Using Vimeo to host content
- Creating a consistent look from site to media player
- Incorporating a call to action
- Choosing a color palette for your brand
- Discovering more tools