Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Validating your RSS feed with Feed Validator, part of Maximizing Your Web Video and Podcast Audience with Hypersyndication (2012).
When you've an RSS Feed, it's pretty easy for things to go wrong.…Maybe your RSS Feed got too big and it's breaking or you have a bad entry in it.…Not all systems automatically generate good RSS Feeds, so it's useful if you…could spot a problem.…For that we have Feed Validator.…Now Feed Validator is a free service at feedvalidator.org and what it allows you…to do is really simple, you just paste an RSS feed into the Validate field and…click the Validate button.…
What it's going to do is it's going to look at the RSS Feed and it will tell you…if something is wrong.…Now the cool thing here is that it will actually identify the error and…recommend solutions by links to articles on how to fix things.…You also see that there's links for docs and terms, which can help you find…resources for fixing an RSS feed, let's take a look at how it works in a live web browser.…Here I have the RSS Feed for my blog, I'm just going to copy that to my…clipboard, go on over to feedvalidator.org and paste that in.…
- Reaching new audiences
- Understanding how online behavior is changing
- Syndicating an RSS feed with Twitterfeed and HootSuite
- Targeting computer using video sharing sites
- Targeting media players
- Creating a podcast
- Streaming podcasts for mobile devices
- Using Vimeo to host content
- Creating a consistent look from site to media player
- Incorporating a call to action
- Choosing a color palette for your brand
- Discovering more tools
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. What is Hypersyndication?
2. Using RSS Feeds
3. Targeting Computers
4. Targeting Portable Media Players
5. Targeting Television Sets
6. Targeting Mobile Phones
The rise of smartphones2m 29s
7. The Importance of Branding
8. Essential Tools to Keep It All Running
Final thoughts1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.