Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Using YouTube for mobile phones, part of Maximizing Your Web Video and Podcast Audience with Hypersyndication (2012).
When it comes to YouTube, I have a little bit of love-hate relationship.…YouTube is great, it's everywhere, it works on practically every device.…The problem is everybody else is there as well.…So what I say to most folks is YouTube is a great tool for reaching an existing audience.…Just about everybody could see a video that you post to YouTube, however, don't…expect YouTube to generate tons more views for you.…Just use this as an easy way to reach devices, like mobile phones.…
In fact, when it comes to YouTube, nothing is better for hitting a mobile phone.…Now the thing is with YouTube, everybody uses it.…If we look at viewership with YouTube, we see that there's been steady growth…for people who watch content every month.…Right now we're pushing up on almost half of all Americans watching a YouTube…video within the last month.…This is just going to continue to grow with the time and Google is a very…well-connected network.…
People search Google, Google serves up results for YouTube and they're taking…
- Reaching new audiences
- Understanding how online behavior is changing
- Syndicating an RSS feed with Twitterfeed and HootSuite
- Targeting computer using video sharing sites
- Targeting media players
- Creating a podcast
- Streaming podcasts for mobile devices
- Using Vimeo to host content
- Creating a consistent look from site to media player
- Incorporating a call to action
- Choosing a color palette for your brand
- Discovering more tools
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. What is Hypersyndication?
2. Using RSS Feeds
3. Targeting Computers
4. Targeting Portable Media Players
5. Targeting Television Sets
6. Targeting Mobile Phones
The rise of smartphones2m 29s
7. The Importance of Branding
8. Essential Tools to Keep It All Running
Final thoughts1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.