Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Vimeo for mobile phones, part of Maximizing Your Web Video and Podcast Audience with Hypersyndication (2012).
In recent years another service has come on the scene called Vimeo.…This is a very popular choice for those who want precise control over where…their videos play and how they look.…Now Vimeo started off as a free service, and then started to involve and offer…different levels of paid accounts.…When it comes to Vimeo it's pretty straightforward.…The Vimeo Plus product is designed for those who want to use Vimeo frequently,…but not for commercial purposes.…
This lets you upload 5 GB of material every week, and it lets you upload HD content.…It also lets you customize the video player and take advantage of some pretty…specific privacy controls, as to where your video can play.…For example, you could tell it that you don't want your video to playback on…other websites, besides vimeo.com and your blog.…On the other hand if you need to step up, you could take a look at Vimeo Pro,…which is specifically designed for companies in mind.…
This product gives very advanced options and will give you commercial hosting choices.…
- Reaching new audiences
- Understanding how online behavior is changing
- Syndicating an RSS feed with Twitterfeed and HootSuite
- Targeting computer using video sharing sites
- Targeting media players
- Creating a podcast
- Streaming podcasts for mobile devices
- Using Vimeo to host content
- Creating a consistent look from site to media player
- Incorporating a call to action
- Choosing a color palette for your brand
- Discovering more tools
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. What is Hypersyndication?
2. Using RSS Feeds
3. Targeting Computers
4. Targeting Portable Media Players
5. Targeting Television Sets
6. Targeting Mobile Phones
The rise of smartphones2m 29s
7. The Importance of Branding
8. Essential Tools to Keep It All Running
Final thoughts1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.