Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Submitting a podcast to iTunes, part of Maximizing Your Web Video and Podcast Audience with Hypersyndication.
The iTunes podcast directory is by far the most successful podcast directory.…This is where the bulk of your subscribers and views are going to come from.…Submitting a podcast is really straightforward.…All you need is your RSS feed and a couple of clicks.…You can go ahead and copy your RSS feed for your program.…I then recommend that you use a service like FeedBurner.…FeedBurner is a free service from Google.com, and it allows you to paste in…an RSS feed and it will go ahead and track that, as well as set up a dedicated feed.…
So I can give this a title and a unique name such as uappodcast.…The benefit of FeedBurner is that if your hosting company changes, you can…always update the original source feed for FeedBurner.…iTunes doesn't allow you to change an RSS feed once you submit it.…So, using FeedBurner as an intermediate service can come in handy.…You could then head over to iTunes and click the Podcast button for the store.…
In the Quick Links column, you'll see a button that says Submit a Podcast,…
- Reaching new audiences
- Understanding how online behavior is changing
- Syndicating an RSS feed with Twitterfeed and HootSuite
- Targeting computer using video sharing sites
- Targeting media players
- Creating a podcast
- Streaming podcasts for mobile devices
- Using Vimeo to host content
- Creating a consistent look from site to media player
- Incorporating a call to action
- Choosing a color palette for your brand
- Discovering more tools
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. What is Hypersyndication?
2. Using RSS Feeds
3. Targeting Computers
4. Targeting Portable Media Players
5. Targeting Television Sets
6. Targeting Mobile Phones
The rise of smartphones2m 29s
7. The Importance of Branding
8. Essential Tools to Keep It All Running
Final thoughts1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.