Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Normalizing your audio, part of Maximizing Your Web Video and Podcast Audience with Hypersyndication.
Podcasting is a very popular way to reach portable media players.…The benefits of podcasting are vast, but there is one thing to keep in mind.…Chances are when you have a podcast;…you're listening on the little tiny earbuds directly plugged into your brain.…Now if the audio quality is bad, people are going to stop watching.…So if the volumes keep going up and down and gets really dramatic all of a…sudden, they might be prone to stop playback or pause it.…All of these things are going to interrupt the viewer's enjoyment.…
Now what you need to realize is that there is an easy way to fix this.…Most video editing tools offer a feature called Normalizing.…You can go ahead and select the audio in your timeline and then apply a…Normalization Effect.…If it's not available in your timeline, it might be found in a companion audio…tool that's included with your Video Nonlinear Editing System.…Remember, here on Lynda.com, we have comprehensive training on many…different software tools.…
So if you just do a search for Normalize Audio, you'll find a lot of…
- Reaching new audiences
- Understanding how online behavior is changing
- Syndicating an RSS feed with Twitterfeed and HootSuite
- Targeting computer using video sharing sites
- Targeting media players
- Creating a podcast
- Streaming podcasts for mobile devices
- Using Vimeo to host content
- Creating a consistent look from site to media player
- Incorporating a call to action
- Choosing a color palette for your brand
- Discovering more tools
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. What is Hypersyndication?
2. Using RSS Feeds
3. Targeting Computers
4. Targeting Portable Media Players
5. Targeting Television Sets
6. Targeting Mobile Phones
The rise of smartphones2m 29s
7. The Importance of Branding
8. Essential Tools to Keep It All Running
Final thoughts1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.