Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Having a call to action, part of Maximizing Your Web Video and Podcast Audience with Hypersyndication (2012).
Years ago I had a chance to work on Infomercials, those late-night TV programs…that encourage you to lose weight or buy this particular product for this great benefit.…Well, it turns out that those infomercials actually work.…Not necessary the products that they are selling, but the fact that they sell a lot of products.…What they do well is they tell people exactly what they want them to do and how to do it.…This concept is called a Call to Action.…Now the Call to Action is just telling your audience what you want them to do next.…
When it comes to social media and online video, you don't want to give them too…many choices, it's not, go to this website, follow us on Twitter, find us on…Facebook, subscribe to our Podcast, that's too many things.…You want to tell your audience, one or maybe two things to do.…If you give them more than that, they're just going to get confused.…So, when it comes to a Call to Action, you want it to be clear.…At the end of your video programming, have your host or narrator tell them one…
- Reaching new audiences
- Understanding how online behavior is changing
- Syndicating an RSS feed with Twitterfeed and HootSuite
- Targeting computer using video sharing sites
- Targeting media players
- Creating a podcast
- Streaming podcasts for mobile devices
- Using Vimeo to host content
- Creating a consistent look from site to media player
- Incorporating a call to action
- Choosing a color palette for your brand
- Discovering more tools
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. What is Hypersyndication?
2. Using RSS Feeds
3. Targeting Computers
4. Targeting Portable Media Players
5. Targeting Television Sets
6. Targeting Mobile Phones
The rise of smartphones2m 29s
7. The Importance of Branding
8. Essential Tools to Keep It All Running
Final thoughts1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.