Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Getting found on iTunes, part of Maximizing Your Web Video and Podcast Audience with Hypersyndication (2012).
One you post your content to iTunes, you're going to want to make sure it could be found.…These days that gets a little bit more difficult because there is a lot of podcast.…Your show is going to go head-to-head with stuff put up by major TV networks.…But if you do things right, you'll be found and you can stand out from…the crowd, here is how.…It all comes down to search and there are really three things you can do.…First up, you can optimize your search.…This involves using the iTunes Search field so your content comes up.…
Typically, results are going to be based on the popularity of your program and relevance.…Now, there's not much you could do about popularity.…This is the number of new subscribers in a certain time period.…If you have a bunch of fans or people that work at your company or a built-in…audience, you could push them to all go download your podcasts on the same day.…This'll create a little spike and help get your program noticed.…What you can do something about is relevance though, and this is pretty easy.…
- Reaching new audiences
- Understanding how online behavior is changing
- Syndicating an RSS feed with Twitterfeed and HootSuite
- Targeting computer using video sharing sites
- Targeting media players
- Creating a podcast
- Streaming podcasts for mobile devices
- Using Vimeo to host content
- Creating a consistent look from site to media player
- Incorporating a call to action
- Choosing a color palette for your brand
- Discovering more tools
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. What is Hypersyndication?
2. Using RSS Feeds
3. Targeting Computers
4. Targeting Portable Media Players
5. Targeting Television Sets
6. Targeting Mobile Phones
The rise of smartphones2m 29s
7. The Importance of Branding
8. Essential Tools to Keep It All Running
Final thoughts1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.