Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Final thoughts, part of Maximizing Your Web Video and Podcast Audience with Hypersyndication (2012).
When it comes to hyper-syndication, the concept is really…pretty straightforward.…Throughout today's lesson, you saw that we took simple technology like RSS…Feeds, blogs, video sharing sites and tied them all together.…Remember, what it really comes down to is having a consistent network.…Once you take the time to set this network up, it's not that hard.…Things can essentially run on autopilot.…This means you post once and it goes out to 10, 20, even 50 different websites.…
This is great, because it serves the cardinal need, which is going where the people are.…So, when you take the time to set up your network, remember, it may seem like…a lot of work at first, but then you're going to see tremendous gains and efficiency.…Whether you're an individual publisher, a small-business or a large…corporation, the use of hyper-syndication techniques can go a really long way…to extending your message.…Taking the time to set up the network is going to free up your publishing…efforts, leaving you much more time to both create new content and respond or…
- Reaching new audiences
- Understanding how online behavior is changing
- Syndicating an RSS feed with Twitterfeed and HootSuite
- Targeting computer using video sharing sites
- Targeting media players
- Creating a podcast
- Streaming podcasts for mobile devices
- Using Vimeo to host content
- Creating a consistent look from site to media player
- Incorporating a call to action
- Choosing a color palette for your brand
- Discovering more tools
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. What is Hypersyndication?
2. Using RSS Feeds
3. Targeting Computers
4. Targeting Portable Media Players
5. Targeting Television Sets
6. Targeting Mobile Phones
The rise of smartphones2m 29s
7. The Importance of Branding
8. Essential Tools to Keep It All Running
Final thoughts1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.