Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a podcast, part of Maximizing Your Web Video and Podcast Audience with Hypersyndication.
Chances are you've watched a podcast before but maybe never thought about…creating one for yourself.…The good news is it's really not that hard.…There are a few simple things that make a podcast, a podcast.…Now, compatibility with Apple devices is not a requirement.…Nobody says you have to be listed in iTunes or that it's only for an iPod.…The term Podcast could be thought of as Portable On Demand Casting, the…idea that you want to reach a bunch of people quickly on their portable media players.…
There are several benefits to podcasting.…They include the fact that everybody who gets your podcast is an Opt-in audience.…This means that they specifically asked for your content and subscribe to it.…These days with people being concerned about spam, the fact that your audience…is choosing to receive the content is good.…It means that you can't be accused of being a spammer or harassing them online.…Additionally, a podcast has the benefit that those who subscribe can watch or…listen at their own convenience.…
- Reaching new audiences
- Understanding how online behavior is changing
- Syndicating an RSS feed with Twitterfeed and HootSuite
- Targeting computer using video sharing sites
- Targeting media players
- Creating a podcast
- Streaming podcasts for mobile devices
- Using Vimeo to host content
- Creating a consistent look from site to media player
- Incorporating a call to action
- Choosing a color palette for your brand
- Discovering more tools
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. What is Hypersyndication?
2. Using RSS Feeds
3. Targeting Computers
4. Targeting Portable Media Players
5. Targeting Television Sets
6. Targeting Mobile Phones
The rise of smartphones2m 29s
7. The Importance of Branding
8. Essential Tools to Keep It All Running
Final thoughts1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.