Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a consistent look from site to media player, part of Maximizing Your Web Video and Podcast Audience with Hypersyndication (2012).
If you're not a brand expert or a graphic designer, the concept of Visual…Branding can seem daunting at first.…How do you weave a consistent look, what's it take?…Well the key thing there is just that, consistency.…Making sure you always weave the visual brand, the logo, the colors throughout…your website and the products that you do.…You don't have to be a painter in order to put paint on a canvas.…You just need to have a few key techniques down.…Here we are with MommyCast;…this is a podcast series that we get a chance to work on and they do a great job…with Visual Branding.…
Notice that they have a consistent look to their website, the use of a flower background.…The player controls on the Video window actually match the typography in their…logo, as well as the other buttons on their website.…When you look at a podcast episode of theirs, you'll quickly see that it's…actually consistent.…Notice that we carried over the same look of the website and the graphic…controls into the podcast series.…
- Reaching new audiences
- Understanding how online behavior is changing
- Syndicating an RSS feed with Twitterfeed and HootSuite
- Targeting computer using video sharing sites
- Targeting media players
- Creating a podcast
- Streaming podcasts for mobile devices
- Using Vimeo to host content
- Creating a consistent look from site to media player
- Incorporating a call to action
- Choosing a color palette for your brand
- Discovering more tools
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. What is Hypersyndication?
2. Using RSS Feeds
3. Targeting Computers
4. Targeting Portable Media Players
5. Targeting Television Sets
6. Targeting Mobile Phones
The rise of smartphones2m 29s
7. The Importance of Branding
8. Essential Tools to Keep It All Running
Final thoughts1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.