Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Compressing files for portable media players, part of Maximizing Your Web Video and Podcast Audience with Hypersyndication.
When it comes to compression, there are lots of tools on the market.…Earlier we looked at Adobe Media Encoder.…Now I'd like to show you Apple Compressor.…Now Compressor is an application that used to be bundle with Final Cut Studio,…but it's now available as a separate standalone application through the Mac App store.…Priced at $49 US, it's a very affordable tool that offers great…compatibility with Apple devices. Let's take a look.…The way Compressor works is you need to add a file.…
With Compressor, you can export directly from applications like Final Cut X or…simply drag in a QuickTime Movie.…Once you've done that, you just need to specify the settings that you want,…you'll notice that Apple Compressor offers a whole slew of settings for Apple…devices, you could choose High Definition and you'll see this first preset works…well with Apple TV second-generation, iPad and iPhone.…If you need to go after older Apple devices, you'll find a lower quality HD and…standard definition setting.…
Simply drag the preset onto the file.…
- Reaching new audiences
- Understanding how online behavior is changing
- Syndicating an RSS feed with Twitterfeed and HootSuite
- Targeting computer using video sharing sites
- Targeting media players
- Creating a podcast
- Streaming podcasts for mobile devices
- Using Vimeo to host content
- Creating a consistent look from site to media player
- Incorporating a call to action
- Choosing a color palette for your brand
- Discovering more tools
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. What is Hypersyndication?
2. Using RSS Feeds
3. Targeting Computers
4. Targeting Portable Media Players
5. Targeting Television Sets
6. Targeting Mobile Phones
The rise of smartphones2m 29s
7. The Importance of Branding
8. Essential Tools to Keep It All Running
Final thoughts1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.