Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Comparing 1080p to 720p, part of Maximizing Your Web Video and Podcast Audience with Hypersyndication (2012).
The last frontier for web publishers is the television set, but it keeps getting…easier and easier to get into the living room.…This is because portable electronic devices can actually play the television…sets wirelessly and we're seeing set-top boxes that make this so much easier.…You can actually get a DVD player or Blu-ray player in fact that has wireless…streaming built-in, and this is going to make it easy to connect popular…services like Vimeo, YouTube and Blip TV.…
It's important that you understand though that there still are a few technical…limitations to delivering high-definition video to television devices.…If HD is what you have in mind, you've got a big decision to make between 1280 x…720 versus 1920 x 1080.…Many purists feel that the 1080 size is the true HD size, but there is a lot…of merit to delivering HD video at a 723p frame size, this is because it leads…to significantly faster download times, and in fact, many people can't tell the difference.…
If you're looking at streaming players delivering to the living room and the…
- Reaching new audiences
- Understanding how online behavior is changing
- Syndicating an RSS feed with Twitterfeed and HootSuite
- Targeting computer using video sharing sites
- Targeting media players
- Creating a podcast
- Streaming podcasts for mobile devices
- Using Vimeo to host content
- Creating a consistent look from site to media player
- Incorporating a call to action
- Choosing a color palette for your brand
- Discovering more tools
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. What is Hypersyndication?
2. Using RSS Feeds
3. Targeting Computers
4. Targeting Portable Media Players
5. Targeting Television Sets
6. Targeting Mobile Phones
The rise of smartphones2m 29s
7. The Importance of Branding
8. Essential Tools to Keep It All Running
Final thoughts1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.