Firebase use requires an account in the Google Firebase console. This is where you set up your project and subsequent apps for the given project. Multiple platform apps can be related to the same project and share users, data, and other features. The console allows the developer to manage their projects and apps.
- [Instructor] To create and manage your projects…and related apps in Firebase, use the console.…console.firebase.google.com…This is where you handle all of your…project management.…For each of your projects,…you have access to four areas.…Develop, stability, analytics, and grow.…We'll be focusing on the development area.…Specifically on authentication, the database,…which includes the realtime database,…and Firestore and storage where we'll…store our files.…
So let's look at the console in the browser.…When you first bring up the browser…you have access to your projects.…I'll select this project called Pile On.…I can see my project, I have an iOS app for it.…On the left side you have access…to those four areas.…Develop, stability, analytics, and grow.…And under the develop, we have authentication,…database and storage.…These are the three that we'll focus on.…Authentication is where you configure how you…can create and manage users.…
The database is for the realtime database access,…and Firestore and storage is where…
- Creating a new project and app
- Installing Firebase CocoaPods
- Configuring authentication with Firebase
- Building the Firebase authentication UI
- Configuring data storage with Firebase Realtime Database
- Storing files in Cloud Storage
- Working with data from Firestore
Skill Level Advanced
Advanced iOS Development: Working with APIswith Saul Mora1h 59m Intermediate
Learning Firebase Cloud Messaging for Androidwith Joe Marini52m 49s Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Firebase
2. User Accounts and Authentication
3. Firebase Realtime Database and Cloud Storage
4. Firebase with Firestore Database
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.