- Enabling authentication in the Firebase console
- Storing and syncing data with Firebase Cloud Firestore
- Displaying user data
- Firebase Cloud Storage security rules
- Controlling access with custom claims and security rules
- Using the Firebase CLI to deploy your app
- Using Cloud Functions
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Instructor] Angular is a powerful and feature-packed framework that makes building Web applications so much more enjoyable. I personally love building apps with Angular because it allows me to be productive. So, you've got a brilliant idea for your next Angular app, but you will need more than just your client-side code. You need hosting, APIs, authentication, and deployments. For a very long time, these needs were delegated to back-end developers or devops engineers. Firebase by Google empowers front-end developers to quickly tackle these problems and focus on what they love.
Hi, I'm Victor Mejia. I'm a Senior UI Engineer and Instructor, and welcome to this course on Angular Cloud-Powered Apps with Firebase. In this course, we will be diving into all of the powerful services that Firebase by Google provides in order to build a serverless application. Modern Web applications require more than just your client-side code. You need hosting, APIs, authentication, and automatic deployments. We need to build apps fast, without managing infrastructure. Firebase by Google allows you to do exactly that.
Backed by Google Cloud Platform and used by some of the largest apps today, Firebase is a suite of tools to help build and scale your Web application. We will first take a look at the Firebase console, and see how we can manage different Firebase projects. We will then use Firebase Authentication to add authentication to our application. As we build out features, we will need to store data using Firebase Cloud Firestore along the way. To store files like images, we will be using Firebase Cloud Storage. We will then jump into the serverless world and learn how to create our own serverless functions using Firebase Cloud Functions.
Finally, we will learn how to deploy our app using Firebase Hosting. I'm really excited to cover this content with you, so let's dive in.