Which metrics are used to measure effectiveness, efficiency, and adaptability?
- You have values and goals.…You have some metrics in place.…You probably developed a few metrics…to ensure all of the values and goals were being supported.…Alignment is within reach.…Now the question is: does the company…have metrics to support all three of…the main categories of measurement?…Effectiveness, efficiency, and adaptability.…So look at your list.…My guess is you have quite a few metrics…that measure effectiveness.…
You might even have a few that measure efficiency,…and if you're like lots of other companies,…you're probably a bit thin in adaptability measurement.…Let's take a moment to look at some…very simple examples of metrics in all three categories.…In basketball, we measure effectiveness…with points scored.…Efficiency, we measure with minutes played…and shots taken, and for adaptability,…we can measure how the player did…in home games versus road games,…how the player did versus left-handed players…or right-handed players.…
For a student in school,…effectiveness is measured with grade point average.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Metrics and human behavior
- Common corporate errors in measuring
- Developing a good metric
- Using the performance measurement tune-up
- Avoiding redundancy
- Using dashboards, infographics, and other data visualization tools
Skill Level Intermediate
Balanced Scorecard and Key Performance Indicatorswith Jim Stice1h 17m Intermediate
1. How and Why We Measure
2. Errors and Challenges in Measuring
3. Developing a Good Metric
4. A System of Metrics
5. Performance Measurement Tune-Up
6. Above and Beyond
Next steps1m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.