Learn about bookkeeping, financial, managerial, and tax accounting and how they work together to help businesses make decisions.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Kay Stice. Welcome to Accounting Fundamentals. I'm going to start by giving you an overview of the basics of accounting. I will look at the four basic types of accounting: bookkeeping, financial accounting, managerial accounting, and income tax accounting. Next, we're going to go into more depth about financial accounting. We'll explore the financial statements. We're actually going to look at some real examples. You're going to see the actual financial reports of Walmart. Then we'll talk about managerial accounting which is the accounting used inside a company.
We'll talk about the costing of products, budgeting, break even analysis. We'll also look at some real world applications. And I'll show you how I use managerial accounting in my own household. Finally, we'll look at income taxes. Including the ideas of income tax brackets, deductions, credits and more. Welcome to Accounting Fundamentals.
- What is accounting?
- Working with balance sheets and income statements
- Determining the costs of products
- Performing break-even analysis
- Determining average and marginal tax rates
- Understanding tax deductions and credits
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Basics of Accounting
2. Financial Accounting
3. Managerial Accounting
4. Income Taxes
Next steps3m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.