Before a system of measurement is unleashed, it must be thoroughly tested. When testing, think like your best and worst employee. Think like a cheater.
- A supplier scorecard is a tool that is often used…to evaluate potential suppliers.…A supplier scorecard can be a good idea…because it forces a company to determine…what are the important criteria in choosing a supplier.…Why is developing a supplier scorecard important?…Well, it helps the company stay on target.…Rather than choosing a supplier…that has a great salesperson,…but might only do well in a few categories,…the supplier scorecard can remind managers…that they are looking for a more complete sales package.…
The supplier scorecard might even motivate…the purchasing manager to ask…a diversified set of questions.…A supplier scorecard is also a good opportunity…for communication before the sales pitch.…Good salespeople don't want to waste your time.…They want to sell you the right product.…They want to make you happy…so you'll buy from them again in the future.…If your company provides the salesperson…with the information contained on the supplier scorecard…before the sales pitch, the salesperson will be motivated…
- Metrics and human behavior
- Common corporate errors in measuring
- Developing a good metric
- Using the performance measurement tune-up
- Avoiding redundancy
- Using dashboards, infographics, and other data visualization tools
Skill Level Intermediate
Balanced Scorecard and Key Performance Indicatorswith Jim Stice1h 17m Intermediate
1. How and Why We Measure
2. Errors and Challenges in Measuring
3. Developing a Good Metric
4. A System of Metrics
5. Performance Measurement Tune-Up
6. Above and Beyond
Next steps1m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.