Before a system of measurement is unleashed, it must be thoroughly tested. When testing, think like your best and worst employee. Think like a cheater.
- A supplier scorecard is a tool that is often used…to evaluate potential suppliers.…A supplier scorecard can be a good idea…because it forces a company to determine…what are the important criteria in choosing a supplier.…Why is developing a supplier scorecard important?…Well, it helps the company stay on target.…Rather than choosing a supplier…that has a great salesperson,…but might only do well in a few categories,…the supplier scorecard can remind managers…that they are looking for a more complete sales package.…
The supplier scorecard might even motivate…the purchasing manager to ask…a diversified set of questions.…A supplier scorecard is also a good opportunity…for communication before the sales pitch.…Good salespeople don't want to waste your time.…They want to sell you the right product.…They want to make you happy…so you'll buy from them again in the future.…If your company provides the salesperson…with the information contained on the supplier scorecard…before the sales pitch, the salesperson will be motivated…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Metrics and human behavior
- Common corporate errors in measuring
- Developing a good metric
- Using the performance measurement tune-up
- Avoiding redundancy
- Using dashboards, infographics, and other data visualization tools