Join Jason Schenker for an in-depth discussion in this video Review and looking ahead, part of Finance Foundations: Risk Management.
- Thank you very much for taking…this corporate financial risk management course.…In this course, we've talked about the nine different kinds…of financial and nonfinancial risks.…Now you should be able to identify these risks…whenever you come across them in the business you work for,…might work for in the future,…a business you might start for yourself,…or in a business you want to invest in.…We also looked at important…financial risk management solutions…including options, swaps, futures, and forwards.…
Traders and risk managers use these solutions…to manage their financial market risks…and you should now be familiar with the basics…of these important and complicated solutions,…but not all risks are financial…and there are also a number…of nonfinancial risk management solutions…that can be implemented to protect your business.…Finally, we looked at how risk management…actually works in companies.…People talk about risk management,…but I get very hands on in describing the best practices…for collecting and presenting…
Jason Schenker of Prestige Economics discusses nine types of corporate risk, including financial and nonfinancial risks. He explains the difference between direct risks that companies face constantly, as well as indirect risks that usually come from vendors, competitors, and counterparties. Then he covers how risks are typically resolved, either by elimination (divestiture or acquisition), transfer (hedging or insuring), offset (creating a natural hedge), or ownership (keeping the exposure). Finally, he reviews how corporations can actively measure and monitor risk by appointing dedicated risk managers, officers, and committees.
- Understanding risk in corporations
- Risk management process
- Nine different types of corporate risks
- Financial market risks
- Direct and indirect risks
- Risk management solutions
- How corporations actively manage risk