Are certain actions and outcomes overvalued?
- The sport of baseball is not exactly…a sport known around the world.…Still, in the United States, it's big business.…Lots of money is made in the business of baseball.…But like so many other sports businesses,…where players are paid enormous sums of money,…the executives in charge of acquiring…these high-priced players is more difficult than it seems.…Signing a player to a long-term contract worth millions…might end up a horrible decision…if the evaluation of the player was poor.…
Which brings us back to baseball,…where for decades the sports KPIs were very misleading.…Let me give you a very quick and somewhat incomplete…explanation of baseball so you can discover the errors…made by their executives for almost a hundred years.…Don't worry, even if you don't fully understand baseball,…you'll quickly see the problem.…In baseball, one player throws a ball.…They are the pitcher.…
One player tries to hit the ball with the bat.…They are the hitter.…If the batter is successful, they get a hit.…If they are unsuccessful, they get an out.…
- Metrics and human behavior
- Common corporate errors in measuring
- Developing a good metric
- Using the performance measurement tune-up
- Avoiding redundancy
- Using dashboards, infographics, and other data visualization tools
Skill Level Intermediate
Balanced Scorecard and Key Performance Indicatorswith Jim Stice1h 17m Intermediate
1. How and Why We Measure
2. Errors and Challenges in Measuring
3. Developing a Good Metric
4. A System of Metrics
5. Performance Measurement Tune-Up
6. Above and Beyond
Next steps1m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.