A great system of metrics without support from top to bottom can result in poor results.
- You have goals and metrics.…You have a team of individuals, departments,…and even companies working together…to meet a common set of goals,…but in many organizations,…you find that people are not working together.…People are trying to move in opposite directions.…Why does this happen?…Well as you guessed, very often,…I think numbers drive people to work…against each other, not in cooperation with each other.…
Let's take a look at a simple example.…At the very end of a retail consumer supply chain,…we have a retail store and a distribution center.…Together, they work to make customers happy,…but often, these two groups are moving…in opposite directions, and they often grow…to dislike each other.…Once you look at the key metrics that guide them,…it's not too hard to tell why this happens.…What is one of the primary metrics…for a retail store?…Sales.…
They went to sell stuff, lots of it.…How about a distribution center, a DC?…Since carrying inventory comes with…lots of risk and costs, DC managers…are often asked to keep inventory levels low.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Metrics and human behavior
- Common corporate errors in measuring
- Developing a good metric
- Using the performance measurement tune-up
- Avoiding redundancy
- Using dashboards, infographics, and other data visualization tools
Skill Level Intermediate
Balanced Scorecard and Key Performance Indicatorswith Jim Stice1h 17m Intermediate
1. How and Why We Measure
2. Errors and Challenges in Measuring
3. Developing a Good Metric
4. A System of Metrics
5. Performance Measurement Tune-Up
6. Above and Beyond
Next steps1m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.