This video covers searching for misalignment. Determine what is being measured and demanded, and how this impacts behavior.
- You're an online retailer.…You've promised your customers convenience,…security, reliability, and value.…This helps define the organization's goals and values.…Now the question is, what is the organization measuring?…Let's say they're generically measuring customer service,…on-time delivery, sales, products returned,…and the number of returning customers.…Let's try and match those up with our goals and values.…
Customer service, that might be tied…to convenience or maybe value.…On-time delivery matches pretty well…with reliability, I think.…Sales, why do people buy from our company?…Probably because they see value in the purchase,…or perhaps, because they heard we always deliver on time.…And, depending on why customers return products,…products returned could be tied to value,…reliability, or convenience.…
And customers might be returning because they find…the company offers value, reliability and convenience.…As you can see, we have a few problems here.…While some metrics match up well with one particular goal,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Metrics and human behavior
- Common corporate errors in measuring
- Developing a good metric
- Using the performance measurement tune-up
- Avoiding redundancy
- Using dashboards, infographics, and other data visualization tools
Skill Level Intermediate
Balanced Scorecard and Key Performance Indicatorswith Jim Stice1h 17m Intermediate
1. How and Why We Measure
2. Errors and Challenges in Measuring
3. Developing a Good Metric
4. A System of Metrics
5. Performance Measurement Tune-Up
6. Above and Beyond
Next steps1m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.