In this video, discover certain metrics that are valuable in different situations.
- Perhaps you see broken systems…of metrics in your workplace.…You might even see the solution to these problems.…In fact, you may now think that the way…to fix these errors is obvious.…But before you put your master plan to action…I want you to consider the whole picture.…Throughout this course we've seen the deficiencies…of the grading systems used to measure and motivate students…and perhaps the ways to fix this problem…might be obvious to you,…but before we act let's take a look at what might make…fixing this problem more difficult than we would think.…
The traditional grade point average score…used in the United States has some very obvious flaws,…so let's try and fix it.…Grade point average assigns points to each grade.…This student got Bs in math, computers, and history,…they got a C in science, and an A in physical education.…As are worth 4 points, Bs are 3,…Cs are 2, and so on.…Add up the points for each class…and divide by the number of classes.…
So the grade point average for this student is 3.0.…Perhaps you think some of these classes are easier.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Metrics and human behavior
- Common corporate errors in measuring
- Developing a good metric
- Using the performance measurement tune-up
- Avoiding redundancy
- Using dashboards, infographics, and other data visualization tools
Skill Level Intermediate
Balanced Scorecard and Key Performance Indicatorswith Jim Stice1h 17m Intermediate
1. How and Why We Measure
2. Errors and Challenges in Measuring
3. Developing a Good Metric
4. A System of Metrics
5. Performance Measurement Tune-Up
6. Above and Beyond
Next steps1m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.