This video provides you with an introduction to the performance measurement tune-up. Learn how to use it, as well as the goals of the tune-up.
- [Instructor] In this section…we're going to begin to explore…your organization's system of metrics.…In just a few steps you'll be able to…systematically identify some of the problems…and deficiencies in your organization's system of metrics.…We'll explore issues like Alignment,…Completeness, Redundancy,…Confidence, Cooperation, and Decision making.…This will allow us to see how metrics…impact a company from the executive strategy level…down to the employee and manager decision level.…
One very important thing to remember, though:…No matter how good your system of metrics,…if the top executives and key managers…do not believe in the metrics,…the entire system will quickly fall apart.…Imagine if the organization utilizes three metrics…to track manager performance;…Sales, Inventory levels, and Team morale.…But the director, the manager's manager,…says, "Yeah, I know the company really stresses…"the importance of all three metrics,…"but, I really need you to hit those sales…"and inventory numbers.…
"Don't worry about the team morale numbers."…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Metrics and human behavior
- Common corporate errors in measuring
- Developing a good metric
- Using the performance measurement tune-up
- Avoiding redundancy
- Using dashboards, infographics, and other data visualization tools