Join Rudolph Rosenberg for an in-depth discussion in this video Analysis in light of context, part of Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reports.
- [Voiceover] We've been talking about numbers…for some time now,…which makes good sense,…given this is a finance course.…But any business leader will tell you…that numbers can tell only part of the story.…Having a good management team, awesome products,…or be the first to open a new market,…are element that will have a huge impact…on the success of your company…that cannot be grasped by looking…at financial statements only.…Any experienced finance professional will tell you…that those internal and external factors…are what gives meaning to the numbers.…
When revenue is growing year over year,…how can you tell if this is due to a higher customer demand,…better products, good salespeople, or any other factor?…Answering such questions is key…to understanding what you're doing right…and what you're doing wrong,…and lead you to taking actions…that will improve your business situation.…The answer of such questions is in the analysis…of the context of your company.…It is done through the analysis of contextual elements…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is a financial statement?
- Reading the balance sheet
- Understanding depreciation, liabilities, and equity
- Reading the income statement
- Understanding revenue, costs, profitability, and net income
- How cash flow works
- Analyzing financial documents with context<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Financial Statements
2. The Balance Sheet
3. The Income Statement
4. The Cash Flow Statement
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.