Join Rick Schmunk for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with repeats, part of Finale 2012 Essential Training.
At some point, you'll want to simplify the roadmap of a score by using repeats.…Let's take a look at how you can use Finale repeat bar lines to create simple…repeats, first and second endings, and repeat text markings.…So if you would, go to the 5_07 folder and open up the file, and let's start by…adding some simple repeats.…I am going to choose the Repeat tool on the toolbar.…I am going to go to the first measure and I am going to right-click.…From the contextual menu, I am going to choose Create Forward Repeat Bar.…I can do the same thing at the end of that line by right-clicking on the last…measure and choosing Create Backwards Repeat Bar.…
I am going to undo both of those things so we can do this another way, so…Command+Z or Ctrl+Z on a PC.…This time I am going to Shift+Select the line and now I can right-click and I…can choose Create Simple Repeat.…Now, if you want to, you can delete these repeats by just selecting a repeat…handle and hitting your Delete key.…Now, repeats can also be added using the Selection tool.…
- Setting up the hardware and software
- Creating a Finale score document
- Importing files
- Viewing and navigating documents
- Entering and editing notes with the mouse, keyboard, and real or virtual instruments
- Understanding measuring basics and music spacing
- Adding lyrics
- Notating music on a grand staff
- Notating choral music with layers
- Notating for guitar, including tablature and Smart Shapes
- Recording in real time
- Adding expressions and articulations
- Formatting scores
- Printing scores
- Exporting documents
Skill Level Beginner
Audio for Film and Video with Pro Toolswith Scott Hirsch5h 9m Intermediate
Music Editing for TV and Film in Pro Toolswith RIAN SKYE G LEWIN3h 30m Intermediate
Film Scoring with Pro Toolswith Christopher Brooks2h 38m Intermediate
1. Hardware and Software Setup
2. Creating a Finale Document/Score
3. Navigating and Viewing Documents
4. Creating Lead Sheets and Other Simple Documents
5. Notating Music on a Grand Staff
6. Notating Choral and Other Polyphonic Music
7. Recording Real-Time Notation
8. Working with Scores
9. Working with Scores, Part 2 (Medium Score with Rhythm Section)
10. Advanced Formatting
11. Notating Music for Guitar: Tab, Fretboards, and Smart Shapes
12. Exporting Document Regions or Pages as Graphic Files
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.