Join Rick Schmunk for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with measure attributes, part of Finale 2012 Essential Training.
Finale knows by design when to display key signatures, time signatures,…clefs, bar lines, and similar items that as a group are referred to as measure attributes.…But because there is no way to account for all the many types of scores and…exercises that you will want to create, there are many times when you will need…to force Finale to show or hide a measure attribute.…So if you would, go ahead and open the file in the 5_05 folder.…We are going to start by looking at right barlines.…So I like to add a double barline to indicate form.…So I am going to choose the Measure tool.…I am going to go down to measure 9 and I'll double-click and I am going to…choose Double from the top row.…
Now remember that the top row is for the right barline.…Go ahead and click OK.…And there may be times when you want to add this on the left barline, and just…note that the only time the Left Barline attribute works is when you're on the…first measure of a system.…So I'll go ahead and choose measure 10, double-click.…
- Setting up the hardware and software
- Creating a Finale score document
- Importing files
- Viewing and navigating documents
- Entering and editing notes with the mouse, keyboard, and real or virtual instruments
- Understanding measuring basics and music spacing
- Adding lyrics
- Notating music on a grand staff
- Notating choral music with layers
- Notating for guitar, including tablature and Smart Shapes
- Recording in real time
- Adding expressions and articulations
- Formatting scores
- Printing scores
- Exporting documents
Skill Level Beginner
Audio for Film and Video with Pro Toolswith Scott Hirsch5h 9m Intermediate
Music Editing for TV and Film in Pro Toolswith Skye Lewin3h 30m Intermediate
Film Scoring with Pro Toolswith Christopher Brooks2h 38m Intermediate
1. Hardware and Software Setup
2. Creating a Finale Document/Score
3. Navigating and Viewing Documents
4. Creating Lead Sheets and Other Simple Documents
5. Notating Music on a Grand Staff
6. Notating Choral and Other Polyphonic Music
7. Recording Real-Time Notation
8. Working with Scores
9. Working with Scores, Part 2 (Medium Score with Rhythm Section)
10. Advanced Formatting
11. Notating Music for Guitar: Tab, Fretboards, and Smart Shapes
12. Exporting Document Regions or Pages as Graphic Files
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.