Join Rick Schmunk for an in-depth discussion in this video Using SmartFind and Paint, part of Finale 2012 Essential Training.
As you've seen in the last couple of videos, fast methods of adding performance…markings are very useful.…Let's take a look at one more method, Finale Smart Find and Paint function.…So please open the file that's in the 9_05 folder and let's locate this to Measure 16.…Now this group of dynamics and smart shapes that are attached to the Alto part…here, need to go in many places and you can look across here and see the similar…rhythms that are happening.…So I can take this one occurrence and copy it using the Smart Find and Paint function.…
So I am going to select these two Measures, then I am going to go to the Edit…menu, and I am going to choose SmartFind and Paint, Set SmartFind Source Region.…So I will click that and now we see a box around these two Measures.…Now I can go back into that menu, choose SmartFind and Paint again, and choose…Apply SmartFind and Paint.…Now if you want you can use these key commands, which would be Command+F to set…the region and then Shift+Command+F to start painting and that would be Ctrl+F…
- Setting up the hardware and software
- Creating a Finale score document
- Importing files
- Viewing and navigating documents
- Entering and editing notes with the mouse, keyboard, and real or virtual instruments
- Understanding measuring basics and music spacing
- Adding lyrics
- Notating music on a grand staff
- Notating choral music with layers
- Notating for guitar, including tablature and Smart Shapes
- Recording in real time
- Adding expressions and articulations
- Formatting scores
- Printing scores
- Exporting documents
Skill Level Beginner
Audio for Film and Video with Pro Toolswith Scott Hirsch5h 9m Intermediate
Music Editing for TV and Film in Pro Toolswith RIAN SKYE G LEWIN3h 30m Intermediate
Film Scoring with Pro Toolswith Christopher Brooks2h 38m Intermediate
1. Hardware and Software Setup
2. Creating a Finale Document/Score
3. Navigating and Viewing Documents
4. Creating Lead Sheets and Other Simple Documents
5. Notating Music on a Grand Staff
6. Notating Choral and Other Polyphonic Music
7. Recording Real-Time Notation
8. Working with Scores
9. Working with Scores, Part 2 (Medium Score with Rhythm Section)
10. Advanced Formatting
11. Notating Music for Guitar: Tab, Fretboards, and Smart Shapes
12. Exporting Document Regions or Pages as Graphic Files
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.