If you are notating music for guitarists, it's likely that someone will want…a tablature version.…Tab Staffs have been available for quite some time in Finale, and are easy to add and use.…So let's start by opening the file that's in the 11_02 folder and then once…you've got that open, let's go ahead and add a Tab Staff to the existing…guitar staff that we have.…Now, we can do that by going to the Window menu, and choosing the Score Manager.…Just like we can add instruments into the score, we can add Tab Staffs.…So let's click the Add Instrument button.…Go down to the Tablature category and notice that we can add Guitar Tabs,…Alternate Tuning Guitar Tabs, 7 String Guitar, Banjo, all kinds of stuff.…
So let's choose Guitar (TAB - No Staff Name).…Now, when I click that, it's actually going to drop it into the score above the…conventional staff and I want it the other way around.…So I am going to click on the little handle over on the left-hand side and drag…that down and when I see the blue line below the conventional staff, I will let…
- Setting up the hardware and software
- Creating a Finale score document
- Importing files
- Viewing and navigating documents
- Entering and editing notes with the mouse, keyboard, and real or virtual instruments
- Understanding measuring basics and music spacing
- Adding lyrics
- Notating music on a grand staff
- Notating choral music with layers
- Notating for guitar, including tablature and Smart Shapes
- Recording in real time
- Adding expressions and articulations
- Formatting scores
- Printing scores
- Exporting documents
Skill Level Beginner
Pro Tools: Audio for Film and Videowith Scott Hirsch5h 9m Intermediate
1. Hardware and Software Setup
2. Creating a Finale Document/Score
3. Navigating and Viewing Documents
4. Creating Lead Sheets and Other Simple Documents
5. Notating Music on a Grand Staff
6. Notating Choral and Other Polyphonic Music
7. Recording Real-Time Notation
8. Working with Scores
9. Working with Scores, Part 2 (Medium Score with Rhythm Section)
10. Advanced Formatting
11. Notating Music for Guitar: Tab, Fretboards, and Smart Shapes
12. Exporting Document Regions or Pages as Graphic Files
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.