Join Rick Schmunk for an in-depth discussion in this video Staves, part of Finale 2012 Essential Training.
As we move from simple lead sheets to scores for multiple instruments, you will…need to know how to add and delete staves from an existing score. With the new…Score Manager in Finale 2012, these tasks just got a lot easier.…So let's go ahead and create a score. We're actually going to make a few mistakes…that we're going to fix later.…So let's go up to the File menu. Let's choose Launch Window and Setup Wizard.…And I just want to show you, we are going to be doing a woodwind quintet, and we…could use this preset right here, but we are going to make one up.…So I am going to click the Next button.…
Then I am going to go into the Woodwinds category. I am going to choose Flute…and Add and Oboe and Add, and then I think I'm going to make a mistake.…I am going to put the instruments in a wrong order.…So I will go to the Brass, and I am going to choose Horn in F--yes, there is a…horn in a woodwind quintet--and then I'll go back to Woodwinds. I am going to…add the clarinet in B-flat, and then I am going to choose Contrabass Clarinet,…
- Setting up the hardware and software
- Creating a Finale score document
- Importing files
- Viewing and navigating documents
- Entering and editing notes with the mouse, keyboard, and real or virtual instruments
- Understanding measuring basics and music spacing
- Adding lyrics
- Notating music on a grand staff
- Notating choral music with layers
- Notating for guitar, including tablature and Smart Shapes
- Recording in real time
- Adding expressions and articulations
- Formatting scores
- Printing scores
- Exporting documents
Skill Level Beginner
Audio for Film and Video with Pro Toolswith Scott Hirsch5h 9m Intermediate
Music Editing for TV and Film in Pro Toolswith RIAN SKYE G LEWIN3h 30m Intermediate
Film Scoring with Pro Toolswith Christopher Brooks2h 38m Intermediate
1. Hardware and Software Setup
2. Creating a Finale Document/Score
3. Navigating and Viewing Documents
4. Creating Lead Sheets and Other Simple Documents
5. Notating Music on a Grand Staff
6. Notating Choral and Other Polyphonic Music
7. Recording Real-Time Notation
8. Working with Scores
9. Working with Scores, Part 2 (Medium Score with Rhythm Section)
10. Advanced Formatting
11. Notating Music for Guitar: Tab, Fretboards, and Smart Shapes
12. Exporting Document Regions or Pages as Graphic Files
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.