Join Rick Schmunk for an in-depth discussion in this video Percussion setup, part of Finale 2012 Essential Training.
If you're involved in any contemporary music style it's likely that you will…want to add drum set or percussion parts to your scores, because a single drum…set or percussion part may include multiple instruments.…The setup of percussion instruments in Finale is a bit more complicated than…that for other instruments.…So let's start by creating a score for drum set.…So let's go up to the File menu and choose New > Document With Setup Wizard.…I am going to click the Next button and go to the Instrument Selection page and…I'll go down to Percussion and then I will choose a Drum Set instrument.…
Click Add, Next, and then we don't need any score information, so I will…say Next and Finished.…So notice the Drum Set part opens and that we have a neutral staff.…So it doesn't matter what key the score is in, drum set parts will always have…this neutral staff and no key signature.…Now before we enter any notes I want to show you how the notes are laid out on the staff.…So I am going to go to the Score Manager.…
- Setting up the hardware and software
- Creating a Finale score document
- Importing files
- Viewing and navigating documents
- Entering and editing notes with the mouse, keyboard, and real or virtual instruments
- Understanding measuring basics and music spacing
- Adding lyrics
- Notating music on a grand staff
- Notating choral music with layers
- Notating for guitar, including tablature and Smart Shapes
- Recording in real time
- Adding expressions and articulations
- Formatting scores
- Printing scores
- Exporting documents
Skill Level Beginner
Audio for Film and Video with Pro Toolswith Scott Hirsch5h 9m Intermediate
Music Editing for TV and Film in Pro Toolswith RIAN SKYE G LEWIN3h 30m Intermediate
Film Scoring with Pro Toolswith Christopher Brooks2h 38m Intermediate
1. Hardware and Software Setup
2. Creating a Finale Document/Score
3. Navigating and Viewing Documents
4. Creating Lead Sheets and Other Simple Documents
5. Notating Music on a Grand Staff
6. Notating Choral and Other Polyphonic Music
7. Recording Real-Time Notation
8. Working with Scores
9. Working with Scores, Part 2 (Medium Score with Rhythm Section)
10. Advanced Formatting
11. Notating Music for Guitar: Tab, Fretboards, and Smart Shapes
12. Exporting Document Regions or Pages as Graphic Files
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.