Join Rick Schmunk for an in-depth discussion in this video PC installation, part of Finale 2012 Essential Training.
Setting up a new application can often involve answering questions to which you…don't know the answers.…Let me walk you through setting up Finale and its components on a PC.…If, when you purchased Finale, you received an installation DVD, please place it in…your computer's DVD drive.…If you downloaded the program from the Internet, please find the…Run InstallFinale.exe.…So let's go ahead, and let's double- click that, and the Finale install starts.…At the Setup wizard, let's go ahead and click the Next button, and you can either…choose to read this information, but in any case, we need to accept the terms of…the license agreement, and click the Next button.…
At this point, we can determine the install folder, but just know that the Finale…program has to reside on the system drive.…So let's go ahead and click Next, and now we can choose the components to install.…So we've got the Application Files, Auxiliary Files, Garritan Instruments.…Now, if you have enough space, I suggest you go ahead and install the…
- Setting up the hardware and software
- Creating a Finale score document
- Importing files
- Viewing and navigating documents
- Entering and editing notes with the mouse, keyboard, and real or virtual instruments
- Understanding measuring basics and music spacing
- Adding lyrics
- Notating music on a grand staff
- Notating choral music with layers
- Notating for guitar, including tablature and Smart Shapes
- Recording in real time
- Adding expressions and articulations
- Formatting scores
- Printing scores
- Exporting documents
Skill Level Beginner
Audio for Film and Video with Pro Toolswith Scott Hirsch5h 9m Intermediate
Music Editing for TV and Film in Pro Toolswith RIAN SKYE G LEWIN3h 30m Intermediate
Film Scoring with Pro Toolswith Christopher Brooks2h 38m Intermediate
1. Hardware and Software Setup
2. Creating a Finale Document/Score
3. Navigating and Viewing Documents
4. Creating Lead Sheets and Other Simple Documents
5. Notating Music on a Grand Staff
6. Notating Choral and Other Polyphonic Music
7. Recording Real-Time Notation
8. Working with Scores
9. Working with Scores, Part 2 (Medium Score with Rhythm Section)
10. Advanced Formatting
11. Notating Music for Guitar: Tab, Fretboards, and Smart Shapes
12. Exporting Document Regions or Pages as Graphic Files
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.